Side #1 Cabbage and Apple Salad
I simply do not include cabbage enough in my meals. It's a very inexpensive ingredient and I should try to prepare with it more. Partly because my first thought of cabbage is a boiling pot of steamed leaves with little taste. This recipe I tried last week and it has a lot of flavor, and some sweetness. It's kid tested and approved.
- 1/2 cup Marzetti Simply Dressed Coleslaw Salad Dressing Use Newspaper coupon to save $1 on 2
- 6 cups chopped cabbage, or 2 bags of Dole pre chopped mix, Use Peelie coupon to save $2 on 2, it's a Dole coupon found on vidalia onions
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 2 large green apples diced
- 2 T Hormel bacon topping, when I just need a little, it's not worth cooking a batch!
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Side #2 Broccoli and Peanut Salad
- 1 cup Marzetti Original Slaw Dressing Use Newspaper coupon to save $1 on 2
- 1 bag of Dole pre cut Cabbage shreds
- 4 cups Broccoli, broken into small florets
- 1/2 cup Sun Maid raisins Use Peelie coupon to save $.30 on 1
- 3/4 cups Planters dry roasted peanuts Save $1 on 1
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 10 slices bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup sugar
In mixing bowl, combine first six ingredients. In separate bowl, mix slaw dressing and sugar. Pour dressing mixture over vegetables and refrigerate several hours or overnight
Side #3 BLT Noodles
Love the whole BLT flavor combo, but I'm looking for ways to engage my kids into meals. Noodles always help. This is a pretty easy recipe, and you can sub in just about any noodle.
- 1 bag NO Yolks Egg Noodles Save $1 on 2
- 4T Italian Dressing , Use Newspaper coupon to save $1 on 2 Newman's Own
- 1 package of Cherry tomatoes, I cut these in quarters so the kids have no trouble eating them.
- 1 lb of cooked bacon, diced (see notes below)
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese Use Tearpad coupon to save $1 on 1 when buying with vegetables.
Routinely, I pick up 1 pound of County Market "Hotel" Bacon from the case each week. My butcher Jeff knows me and gets it ready when he sees me coming. I found out a long time ago it's less expensive and less fatty than the packaged bacon. To flavor it, I toss the bacon with black pepper and a dab of maple flavoring. Cook the bacon and set aside. Cook your noodles then rinse. Now combine all ingredients in a large bowl and serve.
All internet coupon print limits are subjective. At the time of this email coupons were available for print. If the daily or weekly print limit has been reached, the coupon will be automatically pulled from the websites. You can try to print again tomorrow. All coupons listed are not available in our stores. We list them so you can order or find them to save you money. Check with clipping services, trade boards, or ebay to find coupons not in your store. It is our intent to help you find as many savings opportunities as possible. Enjoy!