When we were using coupons to get Ken’s salad dressing for only $.39 I picked up several. Actually, I picked up a lot. I have been sharing the dressing with everyone who visits. Sharing your overstock seems to be a trend among coupon users. We see deals, and immediately want to share with our friends and family.
Here are some ways to utilize the overstock .
1. Build unique gift sets. Stock razors, shaving cream, lotion, and bath products for an easy gift. Throw in a loofah and it looks as good as a $20 basket from the mall.
2. Combine condiments with a theme. Salad dressing, croutons, ketchup and mustard with a couple of burger and tossed salad recipes make a good themed set.
3. Don’t overlook desserts. Ice cream toppings, syrups, cones, and a couple of new sundae cups are great for kids or at picnics.
4. Movie themed sets can include microwave popcorn, seasoning toppings, nuts or pretzels, candy (lots of free candy bars) and a few cans of pop.
5. Put your unique combo of coupon scores in a basket, or gift box. Stock up on basket making supplies in December and use them year round.
6. Shop the dollar store for easy to add items that make the basket complete, like salad tongs, or a burger flipper, or even straws.
How to build a basket:
1. One trick of the trade is to fill the bottom of the basket with packing peanuts. This will give the illusion of a fuller basket and make the gifts easier to see.
2. Over the 'peanuts', place a thick layer of gift-bag or basket filler, shiny shred, or tissue paper. Think “Free recycled.”
3. Begin adding the biggest and tallest items toward the middle or back. Aim for balance in weight and arrangement.
4. To hold some items in place, use tape to attach them to each other, to the basket handle, or to the container. I use a hot glue gun for stubborn items.
5. Continue arranging gifts and then "fill out" the look of the basket. Make sure the paper or shred shows through.
6. Clear cellophane wraps make it look professional.
Non Basket ideas:
1. Gift or photo boxes. They are well decorated and come in a variety of sizes. Craft stores put these on sale after every holiday.
2. Gift bags, these are hard to arrange, but if the items are light weight it will work.
3. Reuse! Garage sales are full of baskets, boxes, and other gift containers that can be picked up for a quarter. If you want to get LOTS of containers fast, check thrift ships.
Who gets a basket? We often spend $10 at the holidays for the mailman, hairdresser, teachers, lawn persons, etc why not start planning now to make everyone a nice themed basket? Have coupons-will save!
Current Penny Pincher Match Up Penny Pincher coupon booklets are delivered monthly via direct mail. Ask your post person which day of the week your Penny Pincher will arrive.
Join our Membership list on the sidebar to the Right. You can get email notifications of each blog entry, and sign up for your stores special coupon classes, events and sales.
For additions Print N Save Coupons:
Print N Save Section of this Blog
Coupon Clipping Services:
Lynn’s Coupons and Refunding Service Put COUNTY MARKET FREE SHIPPING in check out for free shipping on your first order. This offer must be for a purchase greater than $5, and can not be combined with any other offer. She provides newspaper, non newspaper, coupons and rebate forms.
Kuntry Klippers This service specializes in newspaper coupons. Their fees vary but are between 10% and 15% of face value. They also run specials on products. They ship a bit slower, allow for 3-4 days in Illinois. All coupons are sold in sets of 20 like coupons. County Market shoppers also get Free Shipping with “First Time County Market” in check out box.
Coupons by Dede This site sells full inserts, and clipped coupons. All of these coupons are newspaper coupons. The price is generally 15% of the face value of the coupon. You can buy 1 coupon, or 100 coupons. Shipping from this site is fairly fast. Very reliable service. She will run “Specials” on coupons when they get within 10 days of expiration.
The Coupon Clippers is the largest clipping service in the country. They provide newspaper, non newspaper, coupons and rebate forms. They have good service, and a large selection. Being the largest, the hottest coupons disappear fast. However, they do get LOTS of coupons.
The Coupon Master has a mix of newspaper and non newspaper coupons. They ship quickly. Their handling fees are 10%-12% of face value. Shipping is quick, usually arrives in 3 days. They do carry rebate forms on the site.
All internet coupon print limits are subjective. At the time of this email coupons were available for print. If the daily or weekly print limit has been reached, the coupon will be automatically pulled from the websites. You can try to print again tomorrow. All coupons listed are not available in our stores. We list them so you can order or find them to save you money. Check with clipping services, trade boards, or ebay to find coupons not in your store. It is our intent to help you find as many savings opportunities as possible. Enjoy!